This Notice applies to all customers (“we”, “us” in the document refers to Altimo Food delivery Service) to the extent that they are controllers of your personal information.
We’re committed to respecting the information you trust us with and making sure that we keep it safe.
What sorts of personal information do we hold?
- Registration and contact details – your full name, address, email address and phone number and your contact history;
- Bank account details – your bank account number and sort code;
- Details of past transactions;
- Communications – details and where relevant copies of communications between us, your communication preferences.
- Your account login details – this is your user name and chosen password;
- Contact preferences – how and whether you want us to contact you;
- Other – any special instructions or restrictions relating to your account.
How do we use your personal information?
There are a number of ways in which we use your personal information, depending on how you interact with us.
We may use your information in the following ways:
- Contacting you – we use your personal information to contact you in relation to our providers products, to respond to any questions you have raised with us, to improve.
- Communicating with you about the service we’re providing to you. We may use your personal details to send you things we think you need to know about and things we are obliged to send you legally. We broadly term these “service” emails. For example, we send customers details about things like changes to the benefits they may get from our services.
- To obtain feedback on our performance, to assess customer service and satisfaction and to improve overall operations.
Our legal basis for processing your personal information
Whenever we process your personal information, we have to have something called a ‘legal basis for what we do. The different legal bases we rely on are:
- Legal obligation: We are required to process your personal information by law;
- Consent: You have told us you are happy for us to process your personal information for a specific purpose;
- Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for us to conduct our business, but not where our interests are overridden by your interests or rights;
- Public information: Where we process personal information which you have already made public.
- Legal claims: The processing of your personal information is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity.
Who might we share your personal information with?
- Where relevant, our professional advisors, such as lawyers and consultants;
- Third party vendors who help us to manage and maintain the Altimo Food Delivery Service;
- Personnel that deploy our emails and mailings for us because they need to know your details to carry out these services.
- Other organisations and individuals – we may share your personal information in certain
Scenarios; For example:
- If we are required to by law, under any rule or code of practice by which we are bound or where we are asked to do so by a public or regulatory authority;
- If we need to do so in order to exercise or protect our legal rights; or
- In response to requests from individuals (or their representatives) seeking to protect their rights or the rights of others.
Keeping you informed
You can change your alert preferences by emailing us at [email protected]
You have a number of rights under data protection legislation which, in certain circumstances, you may be able to exercise in relation to the personal information we process about you.
- the right to access a copy of the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to restrict our use of your personal information;
- the right to be forgotten;
- the right of data portability;
- the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which has legal effects for you or affects you in any other significant way; and
- the right to object to our use of your personal information.
- Where we rely on consent as the legal basis on which we process your personal information, you may also withdraw that consent at any time.
- If you are seeking to exercise any of these rights, please contact us by visiting our contact page.
How long will we keep your personal information for?
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
The safety and security of your information depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Person Under the Age of 18
Our Website is not intended for person under 18 years of age. No one under the age of 18 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyperson under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a person under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a person under 18, please contact us at [email protected]
We take protecting your personal information seriously and are continuously developing our security systems and processes. Some of the controls we have in place are:
- We limit user access to our systems to only those that we believe are entitled to be there;
- We use technology controls for our information systems, such as firewalls, user verification, strong data encryption, and separation of roles, systems & data;
- We utilise industry “good practice” standards to support the maintenance of a robust information security management system; and
- We enforce a “need to know” policy, for access to any data or systems.
If you have a question or a complaint about this policy, or the way your personal information is processed, please contact us by:
By email: [email protected]
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK regulator, the Information Commissioner. Go to ico.org.uk/concerns to find out more.
What are cookies and how are they used on this Site?
A cookie is a small simple file that is sent along with pages of this website and stored by your browser on the hard drive of your computer or another device. The information stored therein may be returned to our servers or to the servers of the relevant third parties during a subsequent visit.
The cookies we and our business partners use on our Site are broadly grouped into the following categories:
- Essential – Some of the cookies on our Site are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this could be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on our Site or which allows communication between your browser and our Site. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section “How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?” is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our Site without these cookies.
- Analytics– We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our Site. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our Site or using a particular feature, or the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without these cookies we would find it difficult to analyse how well our Site was performing and would not be able to make the necessary improvements.
- Social Sharing– We use third party cookies to allow you to share content directly on the sharing sites like Google reviews, Trust pilot or LinkedIn. Examples would be if you wanted to “like” or “to add a review” about us or our products or services. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
- Interest-Based Advertising– You will have noticed that when you visit websites you will be shown adverts for products and services you may wish to buy. The money made by website owners for showing third party adverts on their websites often pays for the cost of running the website and therefore usually allows you to use the website without having to pay a registration or usage fee. To try and ensure that the adverts you see are relevant to you third party cookies may be used to collect information about the types of things that interest you, for example websites you visit and the geography that you are based in. Having these cookies does not increase the number of adverts you will be shown, but simply makes the adverts you see more relevant. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
- Links to other websites– Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
Third party cookies
Some of the cookies described above are stored on your machine by third parties when you use our Site. Third parties may also read cookies on your browser to collect information or to serve content or advertisements to you. We have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, for example analytics. For more information on these cookies and how to disable them, please see:
- Internet Advertising Bureau website at https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/ where you will be able to opt-out of receiving Interest-Based Advertising cookies.